Pages

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Finally, a post! Haul: Holika Holika, Real Technique, China Glaze, Circle Lenses

So I've made a couple posts here before but coming back to it a couple months later, I decided I wasn't satisfied with them. Therefore, I have decided to start anew and in the time I have spent neglecting this blog, I think I finally decided what this blog will be about.

Okay, kind of not really, but I generally will be talking about beauty (Yes, I will be an addition to the 19234820+ beauty blogs out there), music and interesting bits of my life. By interesting bits, I'm not talking daily life blog, but things like conventions, special events, interesting finds, good food and maybe some lolwut posts.


Finally, here is the first post to the blog! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧彡

To start off, I have a haul here and some small reviews on the haul items. I recently went to Pacific Mall to pick up contacts for myself and a friend and while I was there, I picked up some things from Holika Holika and Phoenix Beauty Lounge. I returned to Pmall today to grab a two more things, a China Glaze polish and a new pair of shoes!

Onto the items!






Holika Holika Water March Moisture Full Cream


I was really in need of a new moisturizer, so one of the ladies at Holika Holika recommended me a couple things, including this cream. They had a special deal that, coincidentally, was ending that very day, which was a buy one get one free deal. If you bought one of the Water March moisturizers, you'd get your choice of the 3 Second Starters with it for free! It's a pretty sweet deal: the Water March moisturizers are $28.00CAD and the 3 Second Starters are $21.50CAD, meaning you're paying $28 + tax ($31.64) for two products that would originally cost $49.50 + tax.


As the name states, it is a water based moisturizer and has the signature gel-like texture of most water based moisturizers. It has a really clean, refreshing and slightly fruity smell to it. I am incredibly pleased with this moisturizer because unlike most water based moisturizers, it's quite rich. I have combination skin but I find that sometimes, water based products don't quite clench the thirst of my skin. This Water March moisturizer has moisturizing qualities like a rich cream product without the weight, and is still refreshing.





Holika Holika 3 Second Starter: Vita Complex


The 3 Second Starter series from Holika Holika are products that are made to apply right after cleansing and before toning. I forget what the lady told me but the texture and consistency feels like an essence product, which is what I'm assuming it is. There are three different types of 3 Second Starters: Hyaluronic Acid, Collagen and Vita Complex. I chose the Vita Complex one because it's supposed to be the brightening one that fights troubled skin and evens skin tone. I used to have acne and it's died down a lot since then, but I still have small break outs from time to time and I still have scars from my acne days.


As I stated before, it seems like an essence/serum product. It's slightly gel-like but very watery as well. You apply it right after cleansing and it absorbs really quickly! As far as brightening goes, that may take some time before I start to see the effects. I like having a product like this to apply after cleansing; it makes my face feel fresh and ready for the next steps in my skin care regimen. Check out the other two 3 Second Starter products as well!



Real Techniques Core Collection


I finally have my hands on some Real Techniques brushes ermergerddddddd! I've been wanting these ever since Sam announced them on the Pixiwoo Youtube channel (Which I love to death, and you should definitely check out if you haven't already!).

The core collection contains four face brushes: buffing brush, detailer brush, pointed foundation brush, and contour brush. Phoenix Beauty Lounge @ Pacific Mall stocks this set as well as the starter set and eyes set. I chose this set because I've been wanting to try their face brushes, especially the buffing brush since it's one that Sam ALWAYS uses to apply foundation. I am happy to say that I am absolutely not disappointed, and I will always be using the buffing brush to apply my foundation now!

The buffing brush is dense and buffs in my foundation like a dream. It also speeds up the application time because it's very easy to whip through. I usually like to use a fluffy brush or fine point brush for concealing, but I was very pleased to use the detailer brush and thought it did a very good job for spot concealing due to the incredibly dense fibers of the brush. I haven't used the pointed foundation brush much yet, but I have found it is good for setting the eye area with powder! Finally, the contour brush is another one of my favourites. It makes contouring so seamless. I buff it in and blend just like how I use the buffing brush for foundation. The shape of the contour brush makes it easy to get right underneath the cheekbone, and also is the perfect shape and size for highlighting it as well.



Dolly Eye Pink Lenses

I recently won a pair of circle lenses through a draw, and I chose the Dolly Eye Pink lenses from EOS. My main objective for choosing these was to use them for my Morgiana (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic) cosplay, but I ended up falling in love with these and will definitely be wearing these a lot!


Comfort: 8.5/10
Size: 8.5/10
Colour: 10/10
Design: 10/10


 

Let's start off with the colour! If you've ever worn or seen anyone wear anything from the Dolly Eye series, you'll know how opaque these colours are. Unlike other lenses like the EOS Candy Pink or Max Pure Pink where they look kind of grey/purple under different lighting, the Dolly Eye Pinks are unmistakeably pink. It's great for cosplay because of this! Some people may think it's too bizarre or too weird, but I personally love it. I feel like someone from outer space, or even like a vampire when I wear these. I've gotten a lot of compliments from friends and strangers from wearing these out!

Comfort-wise, they aren't as comfortable as my other EOS lenses. These lenses are noticeably thicker than other EOS lenses and due to the amount of colour covering the lenses, you will see a halo of colour when you first put them on. It's a bit of a change from other EOS lenses, however, after a few minutes of wearing them, I didn't feel them anymore and was able to wear them for 10 hours without a problem (Try not to wear them for more than 10 hours though!).

As for size, the Dolly Eye series is not as big as other lenses. I believe they are 14.2mm in diameter, pretty standard for circle lenses. However due to the design having such a thin limbal ring and such opaque colour, the enlarging factor is not as noticeable as other 14.2mm lenses.

Ok, under flash they look kind of creepy (´⊙ω⊙`)!

A selca with the lenses in:


Overall, I love these lenses to death! I've also found that I love these lenses with a top & bottom lashes (With some liner), pink blush, and red lips! Definitely a new favourite look of mine!



China Glaze Keep Calm, Paint On

When the China Glaze Avant Garden collection came out, one colour caught my eye: Keep Calm, Paint on. It looks like Essie's Mint Candy apple, but more pastel, slightly more green and has an opalescent finish to it. It was sold out at Phoenix for the longest time, but I gave them my number to notify me when they would have more stock. And they did! There was only one bottle when I went and so I immediately bought it.

Sorry about the crappy lighting!
I think I may have gotten an old bottle, since it seems too thick to be a brand new polish. I'll try to thin it out with some nail polish thinner. Other than that, the colour is gorgeous. I'm generally more of a cream finish fan, but the opalescent finish in this is perfect. It's subtle but still has enough of it to give it a glow.

Actual nail pictures to come when I thin this out!


Random tidbit: New shoes!
I bought a pair of platform converse-esque sneakers while I was at Pmall (´∇ノ`*)ノ





Quite a lengthy first post, but I had a lot to write about! Hopefully some of this was helpful, and I'm going to try and get some more photos of certain items such as the brushes and the lenses up! I'm usually busy during the day and by the time I'm free, the sun will have gone down which means, terrible lighting for pictures (´A`。) Thankfully, the days are getting longer, which gives me more lighting for a longer time! Yayyyyy

No comments:

Post a Comment