Pages

Thursday 13 March 2014

Overdue things: Pro discounts and a website

So I finally got off my ass and re-applied for my MAC Pro account, and decided to apply for the Make Up For Ever and Nigel Beauty Pro accounts while I was at that. Last time I applied for MAC Pro, I got a letter back saying that my application didn't go through because my credit card got declined. Probably because it wasn't an actual credit card but a VISA debit card (Though I've never had any troubles making payments with it, oh well), I ended up applying for a long overdue credit card. Then I found out I could've just sent a cheque.

Well then.

Along with my MAC Pro application, my credit card also gave way to paying for another long overdue item, a website! I had created a Squarespace account to try it out and I really like the way everything is easy to use while still looking professional. Paying an annual subscription comes with a personal domain, which is obviously the option I took (No one wants to see Squarespace.com in your link when you give your website out to people, am I right?).

Check it!
PHOEBEQQLIN.com

(If you haven't figured it out yet, I am a freelance makeup artist)


Out of the three applications I've sent in, Nigel got back to me the fastest. The form on their website wasn't accepting my scanned documents (Which is odd considering they are .jpeg files) so I decided to email them all my information and credentials. Their website said applications would take 7-10 days to process. I received an email confirming my pro account the next day.

I can tell you what a pleasant surprise that was, considering I'm incredibly impatient (Where is that eBay item I ordered yesterday?!) 

So what does a pro account holder get on Nigel Beauty? 20-40% off all brands!

OCC lip tars for $10.80, Anastasia Brow Wiz for $12, not to mention discounted Ellis Faas products! Nigel is one of the only places to stock Ellis Faas, which I have been dying to try out.

List of my to-buy list:



















If you can't tell, I'm obsessed with skin products.
The base is the most important part of the makeup to get right, otherwise, nothing will look good.

Now I can't wait for that MAC and MUFE discount. 40% makes such a difference really.


No comments:

Post a Comment